Day 61 The Zuckerbergs
Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan are donating 800.000 USD to their 8 favorite local restaurants. The money is for whatever the restaurants need: payroll, rent or even free meals for health care workers and first responders.
Not only is 100.000 USD a huge boost to help weather the pandemic, it is also a fantastic promotion for a restaurant to count the Zuckerbergs among your clients,
For the Bay area folks, the restaurants are
- Dohatsuten, a ramen and Japanese tapas restaurant in Palo Alto.
- Palo Alto Sol, a Mexican restaurant in Palo Alto.
- Fuki Sushi, a Palo Alto Japanese restaurant
- Chef Chu's, a Cantonese restaurant in Los Altos.
- Vesta, a wood-fired pizza spot in Redwood City.
- Sushi Sam's Edomata, a sushi restaurant in San Mateo.
- La Ciccia, an Italian eatery in Noe Valley.
- The Liberties Bar & Grill, a neighborhood pub on Guerrero Street.